That horizontally-folding Galaxy Z Flip 3 is happening and just got its FCC green light, together with the other member of Samsung’s 2021 foldable family – the Z Fold 3 vertical bender.
First off, the phone is most likely to appear on Verizon, as the FCC listing explicitly mentions a couple of mmWave antenna positions, just as its Z Flip 5G predecessor did. Not only that, but you will again be able to use the clamshell as a payment device on any terminal that doesn’t have NFC support, since MST connectivity will be present in the Z Flip 3.
The Galaxy Z Flip 3 specs and features are expected to be as follows:
- 6.7-inch FHD + Super AMOLED Infinity-O display with 120Hz refresh rate and HDR10+ support
- 1.83″ front cover display
- Snapdragon 888, 8GB RAM, 256GB internal storage, 3,300mAh battery
- 2x12MP cameras on the back, 10MP selfie camera on the inside, 4K 60fps video recording
- Side fingerprint sensor, USB 3.1 Type-C port
- No UWB connectivity but there will be MST for mobile payments
- Up to 20% lower starting price than the Galaxy Z Flip