Hysterectomy is a procedure in which a woman’s uterus is surgically removed. After this procedure the woman can never become a mother. This can be a sad and difficult step for women who want to have a child.
With the help of this surgery, the uterus, cervix, fallopian tubes and ovaries can be removed. This becomes necessary in certain circumstances, such as:
- uterine prolapse
- abnormal vaginal bleeding
- chronic pelvic pain
Before the operation, the patient is worried about its cost. But you will be happy to know that India is the cheapest for hysterectomy.
uterine surgery cost
The cost of uterine surgery depends on many factors. On an average, the cost of a hysterectomy surgery (with all the necessary facilities) can range from ₹ 1,00,000 to ₹ 3,75,000.
The following are the cost of Uterine Surgery in some of the famous cities usually if laparoscopic method is opted for:
|City||minimum cost||average cost||highest cost|
|Gurgaon / Gurugram||1,25,000||1,70,000||2,95,000|
The cost of uterine surgery depends on the following factors:
type of operation
Read- 10 things to note in the operation of the uterus
The cost of different procedures can be different:
- Subtotal Hysterectomy- In subtotal hysterectomy, only the upper part of the uterus is removed. The cervix and ovaries are left as they are. Subtotal hysterectomy is performed to remove fibroids.
- Total Hysterectomy- It is also called simple hysterectomy. In this, the cervix is also removed along with the uterus. The ovaries are not removed. This procedure is mostly done in case of cancer of the uterus and cervix. It can be more expensive than a subtotal hysterectomy.
- Radical Hysterectomy- It is done to treat cervical cancer. This type of hysterectomy can also remove tissue from the uterus, cervix, fallopian tubes, ovaries, lymph nodes, lymph channels, and pelvic cavity. This procedure can be more expensive than all other hysterectomies.
method of hysterectomy
The cost of uterine surgery also depends on the type of surgery. Hysterectomy is performed in the following ways:
- open hysterectomy- A flat incision of about 7 inches is made in the lower right part of the abdomen and with the help of tools, the uterus is removed. You may have to stay in the hospital for 5 days after the procedure. The procedure of open hysterectomy leaves scars near the incision.
- Vaginal hysterectomy- A cut is made in the vaginal area, through which the surgery is performed by inserting instruments. It doesn’t leave any mark. It may be cheaper than an open hysterectomy.
- Laparoscopic Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy- An incision is made in the vagina and laparoscopic surgical instruments are inserted into the body through the cut. With the help of this instrument, surgeons remove the uterus. It may cost more than a vaginal hysterectomy.
Read – All Procedures of Hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy- This method of hysterectomy is very popular. The laparoscope, light and camera are inserted through a cut near the navel. With the help of the camera, the live process can be seen in the screen. It is cheaper than open hysterectomy.
- Robotic-assisted laparoscopic hysterectomy- It is a fully robotic procedure in which the surgeon controls the robot while viewing a computer screen. It may be easier than a laparoscopic hysterectomy. Research is going on to improve its technology further. It costs more than laparoscopic and open hysterectomy.
The type and method of surgery to perform uterine surgery primarily affects the cost. But there are other factors that can more or less make up for the cost of surgery, such as:
Uterine surgery costs also depend on where you live. Its price may vary in different states of India. Apart from this, the cost may be different in different hospitals of the same state.
type of hospital
Government hospitals cost less than private ones. Hospitals that perform a large number of hysterectomies tend to charge less.
Experienced doctors charge more money, but it is worth it. Having surgery from an experienced surgeon increases the chances of the surgery being successful and also reduces post-surgery complications.
If you have hysterectomy insured, the cost of the surgery will be borne by the insurance company. How much it will take depends on the insurance plan.
Your surgeon may affect what the insurance company pays. Some doctors do not charge for the operation of the uterus through insurance. In this situation you may incur losses.
Read- How to recover quickly after uterine operation
If you go to the doctor about your problems, then the doctor will not do surgery immediately. Diagnosis is required prior to surgery. Some diagnostic tests are ultrasound, MRI, hysteroscopy, hysterosonography and hysterosalpingography. The cost of each test may vary. With the increase in the screening procedures, the cost of the operation of the uterus also increases.
Some hospitals believe in giving a hassle free experience to the patient along with the treatment. For this they provide various facilities. The cost of these facilities can increase the cost of a uterine operation.
However, Pristyn Care Clinic offers many facilities free of cost to its patients.
The cost of a uterine surgery depends on several factors. On an average, the cost of surgery (with all necessary facilities) can range from Rs. 1,00,000 to Rs. 3,75,000.
If you are suffering from pelvic area problems then you can share your symptoms with our doctors. Experienced doctors at Pristyn Care are performing successful hysterectomy in your city for 10 years in a row. 30% off on diagnostics, incognito consultation, deluxe in-room treatment, insurance, help with insurance paperwork, carriage to and from the hospital, and post-surgery follow-up till your recovery is free. provide in.
You can call us free to know more.