Brands design Chromebooks to have a minimalist UI and long-lasting battery life. You may wonder if you can play Roblox on a Chromebook. Maybe this is at the behest of a younger family member, or maybe you want to pass the time with some gaming.
If so, here’s how you play Roblox on a Chromebook, whether or not you have Play Store.
What Is Roblox?
If you’re installing Roblox on a Chromebook for a younger family member, you may wonder what Roblox is.
Put simply, Roblox is a platform that allows its users to create games, which other users can then play. So, if you or someone you know wants to be a part of a huge online community of like-minded creators and gamers, it is a great idea to download Roblox on your Chromebook.
How to Play Roblox on a Chromebook
Some Chromebooks aren’t compatible with Google Play Store. As time goes on this is becoming much less common, but what if you’re one of the unlucky ones stuck without access to the Play Store?
You’ll still be able to download Roblox with or without the Play Store, using either of these two methods.
Method 1: Downloading Roblox via Google Play Store
Downloading Roblox via the Google Play Store is extremely simple. You just need to make sure that your Chromebook is compatible with the Play Store app, and has it switched on. To check, go to Settings and then Apps via the left menu.
On the Apps tab, you should see Google Play Store, and whether or not it’s turned on. Make sure you set it to Turn On.
Now you can download Roblox onto your Chromebook via Play Store.
- Simply head to the Play Store, it should have a shortcut on the bottom of your screen.
- Once on the Play Store, search for Roblox.
3. Click Install in the top right corner to download and install Roblox to your Chromebook.
Roblox will now work on your Chromebook.
Method 2: Installing Roblox With ARC Welder
ARC Welder will allow you to install Roblox to your Chromebook, and isn’t too difficult to do! You will need to have some knowledge of downloading APKs, which are generally pretty simple.
Some APKs do not work with certain Chromebooks, so keep in mind that your situation may be different when following these steps. If a specific APK doesn’t work for you, there are plenty of APKs out there to download.
- Download the Roblox APK. You can download the APK from a site like APKpure.
Search for ARC Welder by arc_eng on the Play Store and download it.
- Open ARC Welder and select Choose.
- Now you should select the directory that you downloaded Roblox to, and click on the Open button. You should ensure that you have added the Roblox APK to a folder, as ARC Welder needs to open via a folder rather than opening an individual file.
Select Add APK File on ARC Welder and find the Roblox APK which will be inside the folder you created for it.
- Adjust the settings in the Test Your App dialogue on ARC Welder to your liking.
- Roblox should launch automatically and now be working on your Chromebook.
Improve Roblox’s Performance on Chromebook
As brands do not build Chromebooks with gaming in mind, you may find that you have some trouble with performance. There are a few things that you can do to ensure that Roblox runs as smoothly as possible.
- Close any other high-power apps, such as Chrome Browser, or other apps.
- While on Roblox, press the Esc key then go to Settings > Graphics and disable Auto, then select the lowest possible graphics.
- Turn on hyper-threading, which increases performance in games. To do this, type chrome://flags#scheduler-configuration in your browser’s address bar then select Enables Hyper-Threading on relevant CPUs, then select Restart.
If the above workarounds don’t improve Roblox’s performance on your Chromebook, then unfortunately you will have to upgrade the device you’re using to play it. A gaming PC is a solid choice, but get advice if you’re buying your first gaming PC.
Playing Roblox On Your Chromebook
Contrary to popular belief, you can do gaming on a Chromebook, and Roblox is one of those games. If you’re using a more recent Chromebook model, then it is highly likely that you will be able to follow Method 1.
If you are on an older Chromebook, then there will be some extra steps to follow, but it’s relatively simple thanks to ARC Welder.
About The Author